“Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others? ‘”
― Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Whether through time or treasure we are hoping to make it easier for the WUSM community to be of service to our local community on this day and beyond. We will provide resources for the following:
- Opportunities for on-site volunteering both on MLK Day and beyond
- Information about on-going volunteer opportunities
- Contacts and wish lists for making in-kind donations
- Suggestions for organizations to support through online donations
Available volunteer opportunities:
CASA de Salud – Needs volunteers for:
- Beautification, such as painting
- Long term – Practitioners – Must complete a volunteer form and undergo a background check, and other medical tests.
The Little Bit Foundation – 10 volunteers needed:
Work in warehouse to tag items for students
If interested in volunteering you may register here!
Available community events celebrating MLK Day:
- BJC Healthcare: Honoring the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Concert
- Saint Louis University and the Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis MLK Memorial Tribute
- UMSL MLK Day of Service 2022
- MLK Community Celebration at the Missouri History Museum
- STLCC-Florissant Valley and NCCU’s 2022 Dr. MLK Jr. Celebration