School of Medicine diversity, equity and inclusion leaders facilitate a 3.5-hour training session for new managers that includes experiential activities, short lectures and group interactions. The learning objectives are to:
- Increase awareness of the diverse workforce
- Develop ways to contextualize our similarities and differences
- Develop an understanding of unconscious bias
- Analyze the impact of bias and how it can define communication
- Create and communicate strategies to limit the negative impact of bias in our campus community
To schedule New Manager Orientation please contact Human Resources.