This open training is provided in partnership with the Center for Advanced Medicine
Diversity & Inclusion 1.0 – Awareness (This is a virtual training)
The goal of this interactive training is to provide participants with a basic awareness of cultural diversity as well as how culture influences the workplace, campus and clinical care environment at Washington University School of Medicine.
The class is a combination of experiential and didactic training designed to:
- Define diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Communicate the importance of diversity and inclusion initiatives to the university
- Explore the impact of exclusion
- Understand the importance of being an ally
How to attend the training: This virtual training is conducted in Zoom. Please ignore any links from SABA to join this training. The Zoom link will be sent to registered learners before the training date.
What to do after training is completed: After the training has been completed and the Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion completes the update, learners receive a system-generated Email from Washington University Learn@Work. The Email contains a link to the evaluation. Complete the evaluation as soon as you can to avoid action messages of “in progress, pending action, or “incomplete” in your Plan that is not associated with the training but the evaluation.
- Please leave the video on during the training if possible. You may be asked to turn off video to increase Zoom data and bandwidth.
- Please log in to Zoom using your WUSM SSO credentials before joining. Joining from a space with multiple participants is discouraged due to the interactive nature of the training.
- How to Change Zoom screen name –While in the meeting, see “Participants,” hover the mouse over your name on the participants’ list, see “more” if using the Participant list, or … on your screen, “Rename,” enter first and last name, “OK.” Or place your
- full name in the chat at the beginning of the training. If an incomplete screen name is used, it may take longer to change the completion status.
- Please leave mics off unless you are speaking.
- Late arrival – Please join the training within 15 minutes of the start. Anyone joining after 15 minutes will need to register for another training and complete it in full, to receive a Successful completion status.
- Please do not share the Zoom link publicly.
- Please allow at least five business days to update your completion status
- Where to go for help:
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to attend all Washington University School of Medicine sponsored events. If you are a person with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to participate in this event, at least one week before the event, don’t hesitate to get in touch with the Washington University School of Medicine Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in advance at 314-273-2809 or MedDEI@wustl.edu.